Product Info QuickTab Set
Galil's DMC-21x3 Ethernet motion controllers are designed for extremely cost-sensitive and space-sensitive applications. The DMC-21x3 controllers are available with a variety of plug-in, multi-axis amplifier boards that are designed to eliminate the wiring and any connectivity issues between the controller and drives. Plug-in amplifiers are available for driving stepper, brush and brushless servo motors up to 500 Watts. Or, the DMC-21x3 can be connected to external drives of any power range.
The DMC-21x3 series is available in one through eight axis versions and can be configured for control of step or servo motors on any combination of axes. It measures just 4.25" x 7.0" for one through four-axis models and 4.25" x 10.75" for five through eight axes. With a 32-bit microcomputer, the DMC-21x3 controllers provide such advanced features as PID compensation with velocity and acceleration feedforward, program memory with multitasking for simultaneously running eight applications programs, and uncommitted I/O for synchronizing motion with external events. Modes of motion include point-to-point positioning, position tracking, jogging, linear and circular interpolation, contouring, electronic gearing and ecam.
Like all Galil controllers, programming the DMC-21x3 is simplified with two-letter, intuitive commands and a full set of software tools such as GDK for servo tuning and analysis.
- For new Econo applications, Galil recommends the new generation DMC-41x3 series controllers.
- Ethernet 10Base-T port; (1) 19.2kb RS232 port
- Card-level controller in 1 through 8 axis versions: DMC-21x3 where x=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 axes
- User-configurable for stepper or servo motors on any combination of axes
- Optional plug-in amplifier boards for driving stepper, brush or brushless servo motors up to 500 Watts
- Ethernet supports multiple masters and multiple slaves. TCP/IP, UDP and ModBus TCP master protocol for communication with I/O devices
- Accepts encoder frequencies up to 12 MHz for servos and outputs up to 3 MHz for steppers
- PID compensation with velocity and acceleration feedforward, integration limits, notch filter and low-pass filter
- Modes of motion include jogging, point-to-point positioning, contouring, linear and circular interpolation, electronic gearing and ECAM. Ellipse scaling, slow-down around corners, infinite segment feed and feedrate override
- Multitasking for concurrent execution of up to eight application programs
- Non-volatile memory for application programs, variables and arrays
- Dual encoders for every servo axis
- Home input and forward and reverse limits accepted for every axis
- High speed position latch and output compare for each axis
- 8 TTL uncommitted inputs and 8 outputs for 1- through 4-axis models; 16 inputs and 16 outputs for 5- through 8-axis models
- Optically isolated I/O and 500 mA high side ouputs available with ICM-20105
- Add 8 analog inputs and 40 digital I/O with DB-28040; Add more I/O with RIO PLC
- DB-28104 provides sinusoidal interpolation for Sin/Cos encoders
- 1-4 axes card: 4.25" x 7.0"; 5-8 axes card: 4.25" x 10.75"
- DIN-Rail mounting option
- Accepts +5V, +/-12V DC inputs; DC-to-DC converter option for single 9V to 72V DC input
- Mating ICM-201xx provides D-connectors for each axis
- Communication drivers for Windows, QNX, and Linux
- Custom hardware and firmware options available