Product Info QuickTab Set
The DMC-41x3 motion controller is one of Galil's latest generation, stand-alone motion controller. Compared with the DMC-21x3 controller, the DMC-41x3 offers the following enhancements: 100BASE-T Ethernet, aux RS232 port, USB port, uncommitted analog inputs, up to 15 MHz encoder frequencies, more program memory, and faster sample frequencies. The DMC-41x3 also accommodates the same stepper and servo motor drives used in the DMC-40x0 series and allows two 4-axis 750 W drives to be installed in the 8-axis controller package. The DMC-41x3 is available as a box-level or card-level motion controller. The unit operates stand-alone or interfaces to a PC with Ethernet 10/100BASE-T, or USB. It includes optically isolated I/O in addition to analog inputs and outputs. The DMC-41x3 controller and drive unit accepts power from a single 20-80 VDC source.
The DMC-41x3 is available in one through eight axis formats, and each axis is user-configurable for stepper or servo motor operation. Standard programming features include PID compensation with velocity and acceleration feedforward, multitasking for simultaneously running up to eight programs, and I/O processing for synchronizing motion with external events. Modes of motion include point-to-point positioning, position tracking, jogging, linear and circular interpolation, contouring, electronic gearing and ecam. Like all Galil controllers, programming the DMC-41x3 is simplified with two-letter, intuitive commands and a full set of software tools such as GDK for servo tuning and analysis.
- Ethernet 10/100Base-T port; (1) USB - main; (1) RS-232 - aux.
- Optional plug-in amplifier boards for driving stepper, brush, or brushless servo motors up to 750 Watts. Or, connect to external drives of any power range.
- See Internal Amplifiers and Drives for options available.
- User-configurable for stepper or servo motors on any combination of axes. Optional firmware for piezo-ceramic motors. Configurable for sinusoidal commutation.
- Accepts up to 15MHz encoder frequencies for servos and outputs up to 3MHz for steppers.
- PID compensation with velocity and acceleration feedforward, integration limits, notch filter and low-pass filter.
- Modes of motion include jogging, point-to-point positioning, contouring, PVT, linear and circular interpolation, electronic gearing and ECAM. Ellipse scaling, slow-down around corners, infinite segment feed and feedrate override.
- Over 200 English-like commands including conditional statements and event triggers.
- Non-volatile memory for programs, variables and arrays. Multitasking for concurrent execution of up to eight programs.
- Optically isolated home input and forward and reverse end-of-travel limits for every axis.
- Uncommitted, isolated inputs and isolated outputs.
- 1- through 4-axis models: 8 inputs and 8 outputs (4mA default; 25mA or 500mA option).
- 5- through 8-axis models: 16 inputs and 16 outputs (4mA default; 25mA or 500mA option).
- High speed position latch for each axis and output compare.
- 8 uncommitted analog inputs.
- Dual encoder inputs for each servo axis.
- Accepts single 20-80 VDC input.
- Available as card-level or with metal enclosure.
- Communication drivers for Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux.
- Custom hardware and firmware options available.